Benefits of Radiofrequency Microneedling — The Next Level in Microneedling
As fall approaches and we spend less time out in the sun, what better time to focus on your skin and repairing some of that summer damage? Radiofrequency Microneedling at WINK is a way to do just that fairly simply. Keep reading to learn more about the process.
What is Radiofrequency Microneedling?
We like to refer to Radiofrequency Microneedling as the next level in Microneedling. The process uses the added technology flow of needles to deliver radiofrequency energy into the skin. The radiofrequency energy heats the skin, which causes collagen production and tissue tightening.
How Does Radiofrequency Microneedling Work?
During the treatment, 24k microneedles are inserted into the skin a few millimeters apart in order to deliver radiofrequency energy into the skin for a few milliseconds. The skin that grows back is smoother, thicker and tighter, which can target:
• Fine lines
• Stretch marks
• Loose, sagging skin
• Large pores
• Acne scars
• Scars from surgery or injury
Benefits of Radiofrequency Microneedling
Some of the most significant benefits of Radiofrequency Microneedling include:
• Naturally repairs, smoothes, brightens, and rejuvenates the skin
• Combines two powerful skin treatments
• Improves the appearance of atrophic scars
• Scientifically proven and FDA cleared as safe and effective
• Results are progressive
• Stimulates collagen production and tissue remodeling
• Suitable for all skin types
• Less downtime
• Improves the appearance of fine lines and deep wrinkles
• Smoothes out stretch marks
• The collagen regeneration properties work to treats sun damage by correcting pigmentation
• Shrinks the appearance of enlarged pores
• Helps with loose skin on the face and body
“Am I a good candidate for Radiofrequency microneedling?”
Although microneedling is considered safe, it may not be appropriate for everyone. Ideal candidates for RF microneedling are:
• In good health
• Displaying early signs of aging
• Expecting realistic results
On the other hand, you should avoid the treatment if:
• Current or recent Accutane use
• You have an active cold sore breakout
• You have a skin infection
• You have a moderate to severe skin disease, like psoriasis
• You receive chemotherapy or radiation treatment
• You are pregnant
• You take anticoagulants
• You have a history of keloids, hypertrophic scarring, or poor wound healing
What to Expect During Radiofrequency Microneedling
During the procedure, you can expect:
• A trained provider will start by cleansing your skin.
• A strong topical anesthetic will be applied to the treatment area about an 20 min before the procedure to minimize discomfort.
• The microneedling device will make tiny punctures in your skin while the tip of the needle simultaneously releases radiofrequency waves into the skin.
• A quick procedure — it takes about 20 minutes.
• Finally, your provider will apply a serum solution to support cell regeneration.
Radiofrequency microneedling is an excellent option for people looking to address acne scars and signs of aging. We recommend two to three treatments to see optimal results, which takes between three to six months. If you’d like to learn more about the procedure or schedule a treatment, contact us today!