Keep Your Skin Merry and Bright This Holiday Season
Believe it or not, the busy holiday season is upon us. From defrosting turkeys to making Christmas cookies and attending a plethora of parties, this time of year is busy — to say the least! This leads a lot of us to skip out on our skincare routines. In this post, we’ll go over a few quick and easy skincare tips to ensure your skin stay glowing this holiday season.
#1. Wash Your Face!
We told you these tips would be quick and easy! But, seriously, washing your face is the easiest way to ensure your skin stays clean, smooth, and free from buildup of oil, dirt, sweat, makeup, etc. Make it a point to wash your face every night, no matter how tired you are or how many pieces of holiday candy you’ve eaten — your complexion will thank you!
The cold late fall and winter air can wreak havoc on our skin, but the good news is that it’s nothing some daily moisturizing can’t fix. Make sure you add moisturizing to your daily skincare routine to keep flaky, chapped, dry skin at bay.
#3. Add Some Skin Health-Boosting Foods To Your Diet
We all know the holidays are a time to indulge in our favorite foods. But, did you know there are some Christmas foods that are actually good for your skin? Here are our top picks to add to your plate this holiday season:
• Turkey: The high protein content of turkey helps our bodies produce more keratin and collagen.
• Roasted chestnuts: Does it get more quintessentially Christmas than chestnuts roasting by the open fire? The good news is that chestnuts also happen to be packed with skin-healthy fatty acids that help protect the skin’s natural barriers and can even help reduce acne!
• Cranberry sauce: Cranberries are jam-packed with antioxidants that work to combat the effects of skin-damaging free radicals.
• Salmon: If your family celebrates with the Feast of the Seven Fishes, you’re in luck! Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, salmon can help regulate the skin’s natural oil production. What’s more, the Vitamin B12 found in salmon can fight dark spots and uneven skin tone.
#4. Treat Yourself
This holiday season, don’t forget to treat yourself! A quick morning or afternoon session at Wink will rejuvenate and renew both your skin and spirit! Scrub your holiday stress away with the newest addition to the Cosmedix line - Salted Peppermint Sea Scrub! This Cosmedix scrub is formulated with Himalayan Pink Salt to gently exfoliate and hydrate the skin, leaving your scalp, hair, and body soft and smooth. This scrub exfoliates away dead skin, creating an even complexion and relieving dry and dull winter skin. Smells absolutely amazing and available at both locations!
#5. Give the Gift of Bright Skin
We have ready-to-go skincare gift sets so you can give the gift of beauty this holiday season — for a loved one or yourself! The Cosmedix Brightening Boost Ultimate Glow Kit features two age-defying skincare products that work together to brighten the skin. L-Lactic Acid and Salicylic Acid work to gently exfoliate the skin for a brighter, even-toned appearance. Crystallized Vitamin C boosts results even more to create the perfect skincare cocktail for a bright-looking complexion that’s sure to have you turning heads at every holiday gathering you attend. The gift kit contains:
• Simply Brilliant AM/PM | 24/7 Brightening Serum: This best-seller addresses skin discoloration with ten skin-brightening ingredients.
• PURE C PM | Vitamin C Mixing Crystals: These crystals are a powdered form of Vitamin C that works to boost the results of serums and/or moisturizers. Formulated with 100% L-Ascorbic Acid to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, it also helps protect the skin from environmental stressors.
Wink iBoutique Can Help You Attain a Holiday Glow
A good skincare routine with supplemental peels and facials is truly the gift that keeps giving in the form of gorgeous and healthy skin. Give the gift of glowing skin this holiday season — to yourself, or a loved one — with a Wink iBoutique Gift Card plus complimentary wrapping!