FINE LINE TATTOO FAQ
How do I book an appointment and get a quote?
Bookings and quotes can be made by emailing Christina directly using the form below. Remember to provide your contact information, a description of the design, reference photos, size, and placement. This enables her to process your request quicker. Turn around time can be about 1-3 days.
How much are Fine Line Tattoos?
- starting at $100-150 under 1 inch single words or tiny designs
- starting at $250 minimum for 1-4 inch designs or fonts
- $300-450 for under 4 inches with more intricate design details.
- Over 5 inches and more detailed designs will be quoted per design and based on size, time and intricacy.
$100 deposit is required upon scheduling. 3-5 days before your appointment Christina will begin to work on your design and will send you a mock up via email. Up to 2 design revisions are included in the cost. Any additional revisions are $50 each. If you decide to hold off on having your tattoo done after the design process has begun, we will refund your deposit less the design fee of $100. Designs are shared with you the week of your appointment for approval.
Fine Line Cost breakdown:
1. Included in the cost is 1 hr. of design and prep time. There is quite a bit that goes into creating the design to make them tattoo ready. For more intricate designs the price may be quoted higher.
2. The extremely detailed process of tattooing in this fashion takes much longer per size than traditional tattooing as we are using finer needles.
3. A follow up appointment will be included if needed within the first 3 months.
How old do I need to be?
18+ no exceptions or minor waivers allowed. Please bring your government issued ID on the date of your appointment.
What is your cancel policy?
Please allow 48 hours for all rescheduling or cancels in order to be refunded your deposit. However, if you cancel less than 48 hours before your appointment or no-show, your initial deposit will be charged as a design fee and a new deposit will be required to confirm a new booking.
Does it hurt?
Not if you don't want it to! One of the great things about having your tattoo done at Wink is that we will never shame you for wanting to use numbing prior to your tattoo. Christina will suggest a topical numbing agent that you can choose to purchase and apply prior to your appointment which will make the process a breeze. Make sure to mention it in your emails!
How do I prep for my tattoo?
We recommend that you have a bite to eat beforehand and stay hydrated. It’s ideal not to consume alcohol prior to or the night before your appointment as alcohol can increase bleeding. Having the tattoo area ‘hair-free’ before the appointment would be appreciated but, isn't required. If you have had sun exposure within 5 days of having your tattoo or a sunburn, we unfortunately would have to reschedule.
What are the contraindications?
1. Currently taking antibiotics or cortisone
2. Pregnant or breastfeeding
3. Received a vaccination in the past 48 hours
4. Going on vacation that involves sun/water
5. Aptopic Dermatitis at the location of the tattoo
6. Produce Keloid scaring with minor scratches
7. Under 18 years of age
8. Intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
9. You arrive without government issued ID
How long is the healing process?
You will be provided the aftercare instructions in an email. Swimming and sunbathing will not be recommended for two weeks minimum. The skin will be healed within 2 weeks but, it's important to "baby" the area for about a month.
Do you do cover-ups?
Unfortunately, at this time Christina does not offer cover-up work. That includes adding to an existing tattoo. Touch up and maintenance appointments are accepted for work she has done.
Can I bring someone with me to my appointment?
Our preference is that you come to your appointment alone unless you are having matching or dual tattoo's scheduled. If you require the support of a loved one, we totally understand and it is allowed. The main reason for our preference is to ensure we keep our high standards of hygiene & allow enough space for the artist to work. Having a tattoo done at Wink isn't scary, we promise!
Do you do finger tats?
We do HOWEVER, based on our experience finger tattoos tend to not age well. We cannot guarantee that you will get the desired result with tattoos on the fingers. For some people finger tattoos will fade or spread sooner than tattoos on other areas. The ink tends to fade and drop out over time and will require lots of maintenance.
How do Fine Line Tattoos age?
As far as how fine lined, slim needle tattoos age, there are many variables which affect the tattoo over time. Skin type, aftercare, and regular maintenance are all things to consider. However, so long as you take care of the tattoo, it will continue to look beautiful. Touch ups are always a possibility as well.